It can happen to almost anyone. What starts out as a small unpaid bill quickly snowballs inito an overwhelming debt that you are unable to pay back. The stress of this debt can severely affect your quality of life; you may find yourself feeling consumed by worry, embarrassed, and unsure where to turn. Fortunately, we are here to help alleviate your burden. The fact is, there are many ways to resolve the strain of your financial debt without having to resort to desperate measures such as bankruptcy or selling your family home.
What Kind of Debt Can Our Lawyers Help You Resolve?
Debts come in many different forms. Your debt may start small—such as an unpaid utility bill—but it could soon grow and spread into other forms of debt as your borrow money from one area in order to may payments on another. The following are just some of the common debts that our clients come to us to resolve:
- Credit card debt
- Medical bills
- Collection accounts
- Unsecured personal lines of credit
- Unsecured personal loans
- Car loans
The key to successful debt settlement is to get started now before your debt continues to grow. Do not ignore the problem, which will only make it worse.
What Can Debt Settlement Do For You?
If you have never attempted to settle a debt before, you may be wondering whether it is the right solution for your situation. Many consumers are surprised to learn just how many debts can be settled for less than what you owe. Generally, the debt settlement process can help you to:
- Settle the amount that you owe for a lesser amount that you’re able to afford
- Lower your current monthly payments to something that is manageable on your budget
- Put a stop to the endless harassing phone calls and letters from collection agencies
- Keep you from having to consider filing for bankruptcy
Clearly, debt settlement is an attractive option that should be considered by many consumers who are facing a debt that they are unable to pay.
Why Hire Us to Help Settle Your Debt?
When you contact The Consumer Law Group, P.C. in Richmond, Virginia*, you will receive personal contact from an attorney who will work hard on your behalf to obtain the best possible debt settlement result. Why consider using us rather than attempting to settle your debt yourself? Here are just a few reasons why:
- We are skilled and experienced with negotiating with creditors and bill collectors to lower and settle your debt for less than what you owe
- We provide you with the peace of mind that comes from knowing you have a legal advocate fighting on your behalf
- We remove the burden of having to deal with these companies yourself and instead handle it on your behalf
- We do not charge a fee for settling your debts until you have agreed to the proposed compromise, with the exception of a small monthly fee—if we are hired—to set up a trust account for your debt payments to be deposited. Thise typically only applies to those who have a large number of creditors.
In addition, if you are being harassed by debt collectors or they’re otherwise violating your rights, we will help you pursue action against them. We can make a debt collector pay you up to $1000 or more if they violate federal fair debt laws. The best news for you as a consumer? We do not charge legal fees to puruse violators of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Ready to put your debts behind you and find a fresh start? We encourage you to reach out today at 804-282-7900 for a case analysis with our debt settlement attorneys. From our headquarters in Richmond, we’re proud to represent individuals throughout all of Virginia.
*The Consumer Law Group, P.C. has no connection or association with the Consumer Law Group of Boca Raton, Florida.