So, where can you find the VIN on your vehicle in order to order a vehicle history report from AutoCheck? The VIN can often be found on the lower-left corner of the dashboard, in front of the steering wheel. You can read the number by looking through the windshield. The VIN may also appear in a number of other locations. Here is a list of some of the possible places to look:
- At the front of the engine block. This should be easy to spot b popping open the hood, and looking at the front of the engine.
- At the front of the car frame, near the container that holds windshield washer fluid.
- At a rear wheel well. Try looking up direction above the tire.
- Inside the driver-side doorjamb. Open the door, and look underneath where the side-view mirror would be located if the door was shut.
- At the driver-side door post. Open the door, and look near the spot where the door latches, not too far from the seat belt return.
- Underneath the spare tire.